Submit Your Stories
Their Stories is a crowd-sourced platform that allows people from across the globe to share their experiences of colonialism. Use this page to share your stories as words, photos or videos. The submissions will then be moderated before publishing on the website.
If you are interested in contributing, please fill out the form below. But first, please read below:
- Take a look at our guidelines for contributors.
- We recognise it may be difficult finding out where to start, so we have put together a set of questions for you to help get started that you can use for yourself or use to interview someone.
- Include at least one photo with each post. If you’d prefer we use a stock image, let us know. Photos can be of a place, person or thing and do not have to be identifying of the person who’s story you are sharing. An image helps bring a story to life. To include a photo, simply copy & paste it into the form below. We may contact you after your submission for a higher quality photo if needed.
- As the site is in Beta. If you’d like to submit a video, please Contact Us. If you already have the video uploaded online (Youtube, Vimeo etc.) you can simply include the link. We will be adding video-uploading tools in the near future.
- Send all questions through our Contact Us page.
Please note that we do edit stories and their titles for length, clarity and our own editorial guidelines. For example, this might mean your title will be changed or certain language will be removed. If we feel we’ve made significant enough changes or altered your original tone, we’ll run it by you first. We never want to misrepresent your voice or message.
If your story is published on our site, Their Stories reserves the right to share it through other publications we partner with in the future, with full credit to you.
We will endeavour to publish all stories submitted to us on Their Stories, and we will contact you if we are unable to publish the story for any reason.